Does anyone know anything about those "rent by the week" hotel rooms?

Once my family finally gets our money (in about two weeks) we will have about 10 days to find and rent a new place. We have to be out of the apartment by November 3. I am not sure it can be done, and while I am looking around to see whats available now everything we can afford is going fast. If we were to find a hotel that rents its rooms by the week would we be able to bring all our furniture with us until we can find a new place? Are they generally expensive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• A lot of the ones I have heard about around my area are not very nice. I live near a large city & there are quite a few in different areas. Even one they just built about 2 years ago has had problems (been on the news). Anyway, if you have to, you have to.... but you wont be able to take furniture with you. You will have to get a storage unit probably unless you know someone who can store your stuff for you for a bit.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i stayed in one for about a month with 3 people. and it was horrible!
    it was like 189+tax a week which isn't bad.
    but the room was tiny tiny and lets just say the type of people staying in that king of hotel are not people your going to want to have your kids or family around.
    it is possible to get into an apartment right away as long as you have money for move in charges and no reason to be denied. apartments almost always have some sort of availability as long as your not to picky.
    but i would NOT recommend a week by week hotel.
    michellezk210

Answer by michellezk210 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am just thinking ahead in case we don't find a place within our time frame. I don't want to o there either but it would be better than the local homeless shelter.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 10:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Rent by week places are typically furnished. These are set up for either vacation rentals and/or for long term business travelers who live in them like a home.

You furniture likely would not fit as this would already be tight squeeze into a small apartment sized place. I would recommend PODS. That way you can load it with your furniture and have them store it until you find a place. We used PODS when we were waiting for our house to close because we had to be out of our old place before we could be in the new place. We stayed with friends for a bit and had our stuff stored... It worked out great.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yea your right i was in the same situation. but i kept getting denied because i have no credit..
    anyway like i said your right and a roof is a roof. it does come with a fridge and a stove shower an toliet. so for the time being if thats what you gotta do do it!
    but hey they are reaaallyy small at least the ones in texas are all of them. so you may want to consider dollar storages if you have big things like a couch matresses ect.

(:
    michellezk210

Answer by michellezk210 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010