Why is there so much hate mongering?

My other question was deleted so now here is the question, why is there so much hate mongering?

Tayandstevenmom

Asked by Tayandstevenmom at 1:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Because it is the human condition to act on fear and not intellect.The human condition to be drawn into the dualism or I'm right and you're wrong, all to just feel good about ourselves. All to "fit" in, all to feel vindicated. All to create a divide to feel connected, when in all actuality we all already are connected.

Anonymous

• My answer to all of you is that no one should be elected to office for a nonsense reason like he is not a natural born citizen (a rumor not fact based even if there might be some truth in it) or that he is too old and might die in office (yes he is old, but only one year older then Reagan was when he was elected in his second term). Please if the facts are not there, do not make say it. It makes everyone mad and causes arguments.
    Anonymous

• This is my theory.

Person A is happy with their life. They see Person B and think "Hey, Person B would be happy too, if they thought exactly the way I do!" So then Person A tries to get Person B to be exactly like them, regardless of whether Person B gives a flying phuck or not.

When Person B refuses to become exactly like Person A, Person A gets offended and pissed off and resorts to hate mongering.

If you understood that, good for you haha!

But that pretty much seems to be the explanation for everyone hating each other, right? People don't understand why others want to be different than them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I think it all stems from insecurity. I am confident in the decisions I have thus far made in my life, and have no regrets. Others I think are ruled by their insecurities and regrets. But, as the old saying goes: It's never too late to have a happy ending!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Because people do not know what the word "Class" is all about. They think that Class is all about fancy clothes and hair and cars. When in truth, that's just flash.

Class is having respect for yourself AND those around you. Maybe if people knew that this was such an easy thing to attain, they'd try harder to be a nice person.

I once held the door for a woman coming out of a store, when stepped around me she brushed my shoulder. She then proceeded to yell at me about "watching where I was going". I held the door for her!!! No Class..................
    Anonymous

• unless you deleted your own question then it was deleted by the cafemom team for violation the rules. no one is hate mongering.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• A lot of people feel like they are being personally attacked when someone disagrees with them. If you don't agree with them, they feel like you are somehow devaluing them. So they go on the defensive and say rude and offensive things. It is hard to live and let live....and to truly not care if others agree with you.

Then again there are others who phrase comments and questions in an offensive way and either don't care or are oblivious to it. Who knows what causes this....at best social inappropriateness, at worst a pesonality disorder. My philosohpy is to try and be kind, even if I disagree and let the mean stuff roll of my back. In the long run, if somone on this list is "mean" does it change your life in any way? If its your neighbor you have a problem. If its someone here, you can simply ignore their posts.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• That is what I say.
    A question is asked about how to find out info on Obama, and I answer back that he is running a 24 hour ad on TV if you want to learn more.
    The women answers me back by calling me a Obama Mama. Why ask a question if you don't want and answer, that was uncalled for and very disrespectful.
    I was trying to be nice and helpful to her Question, why the HATE?
    Anonymous

• Half of my friends are Obama supporters. I am a McCain Suporter. We debate, we discuss. We joke. We are all good. THis board seems to be more caddy. Quite a few need to crank the sensitivitly down, take the emotion out of it and chill. People read another persons answer with such emotion and immediately get defensive. I ask questions to clarify. (However, I do have to say that people sometimes take my jokes and questions with emotion, even though they aren't indended to. So, if everyone would take the emotion out of these questions/answer. Answer and ask logical questions, this could be a fun, educational, philosphical debate... I have actually made friends from these questions ON BOTH SIDES of the political debate...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Now this is a healthy post!!!! YEAH to these CM's!!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2008