My Lab is a water buffalo...

Hello! I have a 3 year old yellow lab, best dog i could ever wish for... BUT, she is very athletic, and is always drinking water, and is always making a mess of it. Every time she gets a drink out of her water bowl, and she's through, another gallon will fall out of her mouth and she will drip all across the kitchen floor/carpet.. I will be moving in to a new house soon, and i don't want this to happen. Are there any suggestions as to what I should do so that my house isn't a watery mess from this dog? for example... a mat that soaks up water... ? Help!

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 10:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pets

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's a normal dog thing - my lab does the same thing. But ours isn't a house dog so I don't have to worry about it. IMO the only way you're going to keep her from dripping water is to snag her every time she drinks and dry her face with a towel - labs are smart enough that if you hang one by her bowl and do it all the time, I bet after a while she'll start doing it on her own.
    Anonymous

• They sell a very nice mat and a good dog water container here that are not expensive and stop a lot of the mess

http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Fresh-Clear-Large-Place/dp/B000O3D2MQ/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_c
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010