My son is being very clingy what do I do?

My son is 11 months old and just started becoming extremely clingy. He wants to be picked up all the time, and I can't leave the room without him screaming for me. Even if im just grabing something. Is this normal for his age?

greenlooker7

Asked by greenlooker7 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my 11m old is doing the same thing. i'll pick him up now and again, but i also make him deal with it cause i don't want him thinking that i'm at his beck and call for the tiniest thing. i just make sure he gets enough attention and then make sure that all his needs are met. he has to learn to entertain himself. i don't want a mama's boy.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I want to add. The kids aren't even a year....and they need mom to be at their beck and call. And are in no way shape form or fashion going to be a "Mama's boy" because you tended to their needs. That is the most ridiculous and repulsive thing I have ever heard in reference to a baby.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010