suspended

okay ladies what should I do I have to go pick up my daughter this morning she was told along with other girls to get out of the school builing and they didn't and my daughter got mouthy with the prinicipal? I can have her clean house all day but I have to go to my job I can take her with me but I think it would be too much of a treat. Also she would be home alone if I didnt take her I want to sink it into her head that she better stay out of trouble. What would be helpful? PS she is in the 7th grade.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 10:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would not leave her home alone. I would probably begin by busting her rear end. If you have to work, and you can take her with you, then do that. But make sure she writes about 10,000 times that she will obey her superiors in the future. That should fill about 8 hours pretty handily. If it doesn't, have her write it some more.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ah okay I like that answer,what do I do if she starts whining?
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• :-) Keep your humor. I would have her do chores at home and deal with it when I got off work. I would make her write a formal letter of apology to you and the principle, including cover letters. ( And over lecture her- I was good at that. ) Just be creative and give her a punishment that fits the problem. If she does not typically cause problems, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Learn to laugh at it all, it will help get you through. It could be so much worse keep your perspective logical and let her worry about what she has done. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All of the above. Take her with me and have her write a report on why what she did was wrong and what can she do next time. Then, when we got home, she would clean her room and the bathrooms and kitchen...then, a letter to apologize. Then, she would be grounded from everything for a week. If she whined, I would add a week a whine. And she would clean and write more.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• bradenismyson that's a little much don't you think? I mean she is only 12 I would probably ground her from something she really likes for awhile or until I have proof she apologized for her actions to the principle. I would also have her work off any hours you lost at work having to leave and pick her up. Or you could even set this up with the principle have her stay after school cleaning for a week.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well the punishment needs to fit the crime. You can't leave her home all day by herself, I would take her to work with me. While your at work she can write an essay to keep her busy about why what she did was wrong (doesn't have to be long). She can then write an apology to the principal and whoever else she hurt that day that got her into trouble, obviously something happened or she wouldn't have been kicked out. Finally I would ground her for a week, from friends. I would not let her be home a lone, until she rebuilt trust. I'd also talk to the school about the possiblity of having her stay in from recess a couple days, since she can't be trusted to behave herself (If they have that in 7th grade). This way she can start to understand how important trust is to have the freedoms she enjoys. I know its probably extreme but none of it is going to hurt her, if she whines ground her another week
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would take her with you and make her do schoolwork the entire time, as well as writing an apology letter to the principal and to you and her father. Then, if she were my daughter, she would be grounded in addition to all that.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would take her with you to work with school assignments to complete, letters of apology to write, and other school related stuff. If she got the above done then she would get to clean break areas and employee bathrooms. On next Saturday off she would be doing chores around the house and for the next Saturdays equal to the number of days she missed of school--3 day suspension then 3 saturday work days.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The suspension and punishment has to fit here.  The real issue is for her to stop the bullying or else down the line your end up with a more serious problem. She needs to control herself and maybe get counseling that the school might offer  Read this. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thanks ladies for the help,I did leave her home and gave her 4 rooms to clean up. I also made her write her principle a note of apology.She also doesnt get to hang with her friends till next friday the 15th and I told her if she doesnt behave she will be really lonely for her birthday coming up on the 17th. She is generally an all around good girl she just needs to stop talking back. I also found out that they weren't doing anything really bad just hanging out inside the school cause it was pouring down rain here,they told her to get out of the school an to get home,she told the priciple she missed the bus (her fault) then the principle said to walk home then,she told him it was 3 miles away and that she just couldnt walk home. She wasn't trying to be mouthy but I told her she needs to respect her elders and just say yes sir or yes mam and do what she's told to do the first time.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010