I just realized the other day that my DH is afraid of losing me (death).

He had 2 women he loved die not to mention his mother. I have health problems and when I have more problems or an emergency he freaks out. How do I help him calm down and not be so afraid of me dying (which, btw, I have NO intentions of doing for a very long time!)

How can I help reassure him?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't have any more questions left to answer for credits today, I'm answering this one because I want to. That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. You've got yourself a good one there, girl. Having said that, I'm afraid those are his issues, his fears. There is no way you can assure him that you won't die. I might die tomorrow. He is very aware of you mortality , anxious even. He has obviously not dealt with the previous deaths properly. The only thing you can do for him is listen patiently and constantly remind him that you are a strong, determined woman and he must'nt worry. Hopefully the power of suggestion prevails
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you cassyzmom! I just want to help him, ya know? He is very good to me and takes good care of me. I know he loves me as I do him very much!

Would you believe we are actually divorced and have been for going on 5 yrs?? We are more committed to each other now than we ever were when we were married!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• To be honest with you, you can't assure him you wont die tomorrow. Not because you are sick, but because none of us know when we will die. Perfectly healthy people drop dead at young ages all the time, so its not something you can truthfully assure him you won't do. Just assure him that you love him, and that you have no intention of it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010