My baby isn't really interested in mushy baby food anymore but...

all we've ever given him is gerber puffs and he more of sucks on those than chews them. He's 9 months. Any suggestions on how to feed him out food that we make. (we eat a lot of chicken rice and vegetables)

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he can sit up and bring his hand to his mouth. Just put little pieces of whatever you eat on his highchair tray and let him go. Go buy avocado and feed straight from the skin. Bake a sweet potato and give small chunks. bananas.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My son was about 9-10 months when he started eating the puffs and some of the food that i made...we eat a lot of the same stuff as you so he would have some of the rice with either butter on it or chicken gravy and he would eat green beans...i never tried any other veggies with him that young but a few people told me that if you make carrots just cook them a little longer so that they are not as crunchy and they should be able to eat that. Your little one will keep sucking on the food untill they get something that is to big or does not turn into mush like the puffs do.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I say cut him up some of the food ya'll have and let him feed himself, make sure that you cut everything the right size. My son was around 8 months or so when he started eating "real" food. Good Luck and 'm sure your baby will love it.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 11:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/    AWESOME site for ideas and foods.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My son started refusing baby food at 7 months. We switched him over to table foods. He did great. I just chopped up whatever we were having really small and let him go for it :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Cut it up, take off his shirt and let him at it. LOL. And we loved this:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sassy-Baby-Safe-Feeder-2-2-Starter-Kit/11974153
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• mine too, she is very picky i try to give her everything we eat, but she doesnt like it..so I just keep trying
    tattoomom3789

Answer by tattoomom3789 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2010