Waking up hungry?

So I've started working out and eating right, but for some reason, I keep waking up in the middle of the night starving, like to the point of feeling sick. I tried drinking a protein shake before bed, but its still happening. I don't want to really eat then go right back to sleep, what should I do? Should I get up and eat, or just try to make it until time to get up?

hobbitswife04

Asked by hobbitswife04 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Endure the hunger. Your body will learn to stop waking you up.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Maybe just eat some friut grab an apple or something
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I always feel like that whether I work out or not. Even before I had diabetes, I remember waking up in the middle of the night with an empty stomach, yet feeling like I was going to throw up. I have to wait till I'm awake for about two hours before I can stand the thought of eating anything because I'm too hungry.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would drink a large glass of water. Maybe that will fend off the hunger.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have never experienced this. I usually eat twice a day at about 11:30 and again at 7PM- try the water suggestion

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010