Why does Breast Cancer get all the attention? what about all the other cancers?

Thyroid cancer is the no.1 cancer out there! up by 400% in the last 10 yrs and everyone seems to be getting lung cancer but there is nothing ever said about these or any other cancer. All Cancer is is horrible and they should all have fundraisers and marathons.
What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• I think it's political. I was also floored that all the money raised does not go to breast cancer research. Planned Parenthood gets a portion of it, as well as other organizations.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Breast cancer is usually found too late and has a high death rate. It has a higher survival rate if found sooner.

The rest don't function in the body or are they found or cable to be cured in the same type of way.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• they do have awarness. and i bet lung cancer would go down if people woud stop smoking.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I know. My mother died of colon cancer when she was 37. Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence. Lung cancer is a big one. It's the #1 cancer killer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• k most lung cancers i caused by smoking. even if a person doesnt smoke they will still be affected by second or third hand smoke.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• maybe its because people like breast better than other body parts and a bigger money maker.

beeluvin

Answer by beeluvin at 10:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010