Does where you live feel like home?

I don't mean the dwelling that you actually live in, but your city or state? Does it just feel like you don't belong, like you're just looking at it as an outsider (so to speak)? I kind of feel that way about where we live. We've been here for 7 years. I don't know if it's because I don't like the city (it's an ok city, but not great), or just unhappy living in this state. I know there are other places that I dream of moving to and living (and would be so much better than here) and maybe that has affect on it. Does anyone else ever feel that way?

Now I do feel have that feeling that 'home is where your family is,' but that's a different kind of feeling to me.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm with you on that, OP. There is hardly any work around here, not GOOD paying work anyway. My dh sounds like yours. He's from here, born here, never really lived away from here. Me, on the other hand, I'm willing to try something else out. It can't really hurt in my opinion.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Every time I visit somewhere else I come back to Wisconsin feeling more appreciation and love for my state.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love where I live, and though I was not born here, it does feel like home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, I love Wisconsin. My family is 2 hours away. We are moving to TX next year and in another two years somewhere else. But, I have always felt more comfortable in Wisconsin than any other state or country I have lived in and I have moved 13 times in the past 16 years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was born and pretty much raised in my state, I only lived elsewhere for 3 years. I had your feeling when I lived in CA, I couldn't stand it. I don't think I could feel home living in a different state. I love my home and we have a little bit of everything here, (weather, scenery, etc.)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Not right now, but we did just move in the other day. We transferred apartments, and while all of our things are here, it still feels kind of hotel-ish, you know? like it hasnt been lived in yet. And on top of it, i am not from this state at all, though i have been living her since dec. 2009. i just cant get used to it. It is just so different from where i grew up, that sometimes it seems surreal.
    Oobersezzy

Answer by Oobersezzy at 10:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It took a while for Manhattan to feel like home, but now I can't live anywhere you can't have everything you can possibly imagine delivered to your front door.

I do still feel like my parents house is home too, but only when I visit them alone. My parents, bless them, still love babying me!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have lived in like7 states so far and Phx, AZ is home to me. It's wehre I spent my teen years, it's where most of my friends are and all my family (though most of them I could live without). I love the palm trees and I know the layout really well so it always feels comfy when I go back. Hubby HATES phx though so living there again won't happen

We jsut moved to Austin, TX. We had to move and wanted out of Utah, and California is too damn expensive and has crappy air SO we chose Tx. We are hoping that Austin becomes our home. We NEVER want to move over about 30 miles again. We went with Austin because we heard a lot of good things about it. So far we like it- but only been here 3 months so havn't really met people here. I do want to move to a different part of Austin area though- the neighborhood we are in is nice-but the rest of Manor is pretty much a pit. Good thing it's only about 20 min from downtown Asutin!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:09 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Wow, I have so been where your at, I lived in Randle Wa (Mt.Rainer & Mt St Helen)moved to Portland Or,. Yah, I made friends, worked. But for some reason I just didn't feel like I fit in or a part of. A major part of me was missing. I tried to feel more relaxed at home but no luck.I resented my boyfriend who I had met their. I started blaming him for my unhappiness and so on. I personally toke a serious look at it all. After I thought about hard, I wrote down all the pro's and con's. With out side help also. They mostly were trying to keep me there reasons to stay only mine added up more for pro's to leave. There may not be as much work were I am now but thatas okay I am doing just fine other days are better then some when isn't there. I am honestly happy, and that is all that matter.You can have everything to build your foundation for your future, you don't feel comfortable after 3yrs or so move clock is ticking
    grasshopper1995

Answer by grasshopper1995 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love where we live.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010