what if someone offered you double the amount of what you paid for your house?

would you the money or leave it?

this would most likely mean you have to buy another house or build.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on how much I loved the house. If it was my dream home, holding all my blood, sweat, tears, memories and everything else, no, I wouldn't sell for anything. If it was just a house to be a roof over our heads, heck yeah, bring on the cash!
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 11:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It would depend on many factors, the main one being how much I liked my home and its location. Some things just cannot have a price tag on them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My old house? I'd take the money and immediately buy or put a huge down payment on another.

The one I'm in now? Well, we rent this one, so I'm not sure how that would work.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We've lived in this house for 25 years, so twice what we paid would be about half what it is worth now. Even if I could get twice what it is worth now, I don't think I would sell. I really like this house, so if I sold and bought another, it would still be the same type of house.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i love our house - we just downsized 3 years ago and got a great price for this house - we probably couldn't buy the same house for the price we paid for this house - and we are very happy here -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The house I'm in now. I'd take the money and get out!!!!
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 11:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If someone offered me double for this house, I wouldn't even hesitate to take it. We are looking to move anyway, and will probably end up getting double for this house, but if someone offered it to me today, I would be out by the weekend!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• in this realestate market take it! you cannot get what your house is even worth right now if you tried putting it on the market it would be way below what it's worth
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• take it and run lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• This house? I would take it and run, laughing the whole way to the bank!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010