What do you consider cheating?

People consider cheating different things. Is it sex, kissing, or just going out with another woman/man without your spouse's knowledge?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Doing anything with another person that you would not do in front of your spouse....whether that is inappropriate flirting, texting, emailing, etc. Going to another person for anything intimate, even if its just conversation.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Him speaking to someone else behind my back is cheating to me... so of course all the other things you said are cheating in my book.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think any kind of emotional relationship with another person other than your spouse is cheating. It could be online communication, emails, letters, hanging out together and of course, any sexual encounters (kissing or worse) without your spouse's knowledge. Obviously the "just talking" type of cheating might be easier to forgive but to me, that's still cheating.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Any kind of dishonesty your spouse is unaware of and wouldnt approve of if he was standing right next to you @ that moment Flirting ,kissing,lingering touches...sex...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Anthing you couldn't do in front of your spouse..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Flirting, kissing, sex....anything where you are replacing someone else for what your SO/spouse is supposed to fulfill.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• staying in touch with ex's...in my opinion, they are just there for rebound or back up or just in case. you can call them friends if you like but we did have feelings for them at one time or another but decided its best to be friends but still.....we had feelings for them that may not go away.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• and also doing things you have to hide in order to do them...chatting over the net, emailing, lieing about where you been, ect.

basically things that will kill you emotionally
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All of the above could be considered cheating but I'd also add the emotional cheating part like sharing intimate information, turning to another woman instead of wife while stressed or upset, spending quality time with OW instead of wife, etc

Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sex with someone other than spouse, unless it's an open marriage
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010