Breech Baby. What are the odds?

So, found out that i am already dilating yesterday afternoon and that i could go into labor at any time. But the baby is breech- another discovery yesterday. We are trying to get an appointment to try and turn the baby but the doctor says more than likely they are just going to make me deliver when i go in. What are the chances that they can actually turn her and i can have an uncomplicated vaginal birth? i was really hoping not to have to have a c-section if i could help it, so it was sort of the worst possible news i could get. Are there any tips for turning her myself? can i do that?

Oobersezzy

Asked by Oobersezzy at 10:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get on your hands and knees and do pelvic tilts up and down. That has been known to help them move.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My daughter was breech. They recommended not turning her because it was a painful procedure and a lot of times the baby turns back. I had a scheduled c-section and it worked out great for me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my baby is breach too, and I read somewhere online to put a bottle of ice water on the top of your stomach every couple hours it'll scare your baby to turn lol. I haven't tried it, because I'm gonna ask my doctor if that actually works lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My first daughter was breech and she was positioned extremely high in my rib cage. My doctor wouldn't try the extrenal version b/c of the high chances of the amniotic sac rupturing during the process and then you could end up havin an emergency c-section anyway. I was devastated about having a c-section too, but I understood that it was better for my daughter that way, less risky for her.
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 11:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i am just so crushed. i really want to avoid the darn surgery if i can. the baby is pretty high in my rib cage too. i feel as though somehow this could have been prevented if they had just allowed another ultrasound sooner. and i guess i am kind of disappointed since this is my first baby and it is definitely not how i pictured my labor going.
    Oobersezzy

Comment by Oobersezzy (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i would go online and look up every and any technique used for turning babies. i would go to a chiropractor daily until labor begins as well.
    also...think about and imagine your baby in a head down position, visualize the turning.
    i think i would rather try a version (second to last resort) than schedule a c section.
    are there any doctors at your hospital that deliver breech babies?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Try pelvic tilts, they work :)

My son was breeched up until 2 days before I was induced. He flipped just in time. She can still turn herself, you will more than likely feel if she does.

No worries momma, you will do great. Just keep and open mind and stay relaxed.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 1:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• IVe seen them do it w an ultrasound and the dr pushes on your belly and does a massive amount of pushing and it looked painful but the one I saw did not work at turning the baby. Id try what the other girls are saying I've. Heard of baby sometimes turning back but idk what the percentage is
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• http://spinningbabies.com/      

Here's some reading for you.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010