Your Grammar is annoying.....

Ok I'm just going to come right out and say it.

I get so irritated with people and their grammar today. Even on sites like this one. I understand that in this day and age most of us are texting and trying to shorten everything up but when you are typing something to Me, I expect you to actually say "with" not "wit" or "cuz" instead of "because" ....I'm not saying that the LOL's and LMAO'S are annoying but come on people, why not just add the "h" at the end???? Not only does it make you look lazy(and kind of dumb) but when I read your comments, questions or replies I often stop and run the other direction because to me it's a big jumbled up mess!!!
Am I the only one who is bothered by the use of English these days? Or should I say lack there of?

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate when people abbreviate "come" with "cum". There is no beauty in the written word any more.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree with you. My son and I and all of our friends not only type it all out, we text it all out too. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Shanna.......EXACTLY! That is what I'm talking about. Why on earth do Adults want to talk/type in a way that makes them look and sound like some back alley thug?
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• @ Bradenismyson..........My kids are not ALLOWED to text Me unless it is all typed out. Good for Ya'll.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It drives me crazy when people are typing on the computer and they write shorthand or whatever you call it. It is lazy, and there's no excuse. Everyone who finishes high school these days takes keyboarding classes and learns how to properly type. I see no reason for the lack of proper grammer online besides laziness and stupidity.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sometimes I do that on accident.. because Im so used to text talk..it doesn't bother me unless it gets really ridiculous..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I hate dis and dat or da. Grrrrr..JUST WRITE "THIS, THAT, or THE". Or "imma" Grrr..bark bark bark..

I'm going to go look at my newborn guinea pigs. They calm me down..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm guilty of using "cuz" instead of because a lot, but what drives me crazy are the misuses of words like there, they're and their.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• @duckigrrl..........Yes, There, They're and Their is a huge one.......along with Your and You're.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Oh, you're not the only one! It is silly. It seems like some people go out of their way to write weird. Like yesterday- I saw a gal was substituting all her e's with "3" and (I can't remember which) another letter with another number. What is the point of that?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010