when does cheating constitute a divorce?

if anything that is done behind the spouses back is cheating, what is forgivable and what is divorce material?

kady40

Asked by kady40 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• For me, If it happens more than once, I think...I might forgive more than that but right now I would at least give a second chance.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All those nasty diseases out there!!! One time u r history!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I might forgive one time, but I'd have him and me tested first. If it happened a second time obviously the person has no respect for me or the marriage so bye see ya.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• In a court of law it only takes one time. And if you can prove infidelity, they can't sue for alimony. I think that outside of a court of law that is for the couple to decide what they want to do about that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i couldn't spend th rest of my life worried everytime he was late, or who he was on the phone with, or if he wnted to go out with friends. The trust would be gone. You can lose a 15 year marriage in 15 minutes!
    kady40

Comment by kady40 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I MIGHT forgive the first time, but there is a good chance i would not. I might fogive him after seperating for alike a year...i know it would take me a SUPER long time to even want to see his face again. But, i love him so much that i think after a long seperation, i just might take him back, but i might not. If he did it a second time (if there was that second chance)... SEE YA! No way am i going to waste my life & time with a man who has no respect for me. He's supposed to be the ONE person i trust %100. So, if he did that...then it would mean that the one person i trusted the most, decieved me. I could not be in a marriage with a person who could so easily decieve me. No way jose....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• None of it is forgivable in my eyes. If my husband cheats on me, he is gone. Simple as that. He knows this. I will not put up with it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• you may forgive but you sure as hell won't forget!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I couldn't forgive after the 1st time , he would be history, I couldn't stay with a man who didn't love me enough to respect me and not cheat.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It depends on the person. If the good in the relationship outweighs the cheating then divorce isn't even considered. Many women overlook a husband's cheating ways and don't divorce over it. I didn't leave my marriage over my x's cheating. I left over his abuse.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2010