Do you think mother's should tell you what to bring to a baby shower?

My friend girl just found out that she was expecting and she is having a baby shower. She want's every one to bring a gift in her invite she says gifts must be over fifty dollars. I said to her what are you saying if your gift in under fifty dollars then don't come. I already gace my gift early as i paid for her ultra sound 3d which was free for me because I know the imaging people. but I feel like this is not right. That you should be happy to get something for your unborn child.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is horrible!!! I wouldn't go!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think it is very bold of someone to expect a gift anyway.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Wow I think putting a price on a gift is tacky so no I think you should bring what you can afford a 10 gift is better than no gift right? Buy a gift you can afford....wow!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no, that's really rude and tacky. items for the baby over $50 should be saved for family members. hopefully this is just her pregnancy hormones getting the best of her!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That's very snobbish and selfish. You can make a registry, but don't tell people how much they need to spend. It's a gift, be happy with what you're given...A lot of people- especially now- don't have money like that to spend, anyway.
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i think she'll be all alone at her baby shower.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no, they should be grateful anyone cares at all to attend and give anything at all.

i think some women push the mommy button too much and think its okay to be rude and snobby just because they are pregnant or getting married or whatever.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I personally think she's being rude. The most I did was suggest some items when I was asked. What happens if a person can not afford a $50 gift? There were a lot of things that I got at my baby shower that I wouldn't have thought about that I am VERY grateful I got. It made things easier and those things weren't $50. I think she is setting herself for disappointment.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Very ungrateful. I'm guessing not many people will show up.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Tacky, very tacky. If I got that invite I would send it back with my apologies, "Guess I'll see you after the shower!"
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 7, 2010