my son keeps puking what can i do?

i called his doc they have no appts avaiable do i let this bug run its course ? he has been sipping on a sprite but hes not keeping nothing down... he is 4yrs old if that helps

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Not much you can do. I would quit the sprite, the sugar could be making things work. Just plain water and watch for signs of dehydration
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All you can do is make sure he stays hydrated and if he does get dehydrated call the doctor back and see if he or she will see you and if not go to the ER. I hope he gets to feeling better!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• just keep pushing the fluids and keep him comfy. when he feels like eating again you can try toast, fruit and veggies.
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nothing you can do it's the stomach flu and prepare for it to go thru all your kids and you. I would give him some kind of anti nausea or have the doc call in a perscription for paragoric its' nasty but it works wonders
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The BRAT diet might help (banana, rice, applesauce/toast)...be sure your child is getting enough fluids...Pedialyte/Gatorade/Popsicles
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• pedilite or other oral electrolite drink
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 5:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just watch closely for signs of dehydration and if you are worried take him to ER.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Just keep him hydrated. The doctor can't do anything for a virus. You just have to let it run it's course.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• What they said - I would go with Pedialyte.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010