17 month old throwing awefull tantrums!!!

the first thing i always do is check the diaper and ask if she us hungry or thirsty. but lately she is just screaming for no apparent reason!!!! driving me crazy really. as of now i am simply putting her in her crib while she has her tantrum and getting her back out when she has calmed down, but it seems i am puting her in her crib every hour or so! what more can i do to curb the fits?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 11:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Distract! If she starts throwing a tantrum, instead of sticking her in her crib (which she might want because it's a comfort zone) try doing something different. Try offering to play a game, or put on a movie. Check her teeth. She might be cutting a new one. She may also have an ear-ache. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The terrible two's are starting to appear in your home. The show up in the second year of life and the closer you get to the age of two the better it gets. I actually have been sending my DD to her room when she goes into "melt down mode" and let her come out when she calms down. I don't put her in her bed b/c I don't want her to associate going to bed with punishment of using it as a form of comfort b/c all the things she uses for comfort are in there. Make sure that she isn't teething and then continue to be consistent with you discipline and they will start to get better. Now all I have to do is ask my DD if she needs to go to her room to calm down and most of the time the tantrum will cease or she will run herself to her room if she thinks she needs to be there.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010