Any suggestions for getting a 14mth old to sleep through the night?

My 14 mth old wakes up 1-2 times during the night. He will usually go back to sleep within 15-20 minutes. He routinely wakes up at 5am but will go back to sleep after having milk. We have 3 wk old twins now and it would be so nice to have our toddler sleep better. Should we let him cry? Keep him up later? He goes to sleep around 7 or 7:30p and wakes around 6:30a.

kherz

Asked by kherz at 11:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is down from 7 or 730 until 5 then he is doing great. That is technically sleeping through the night. My 2 yo typically wakes up at 10 or 11 to go potty and then goes back to sleep until between 8 and 9 depending on the day. If you think that he is okay then let him work it out himself for the 15-20 mins and he will most likely figure out that he needs to go back to sleep.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i put my 2yr old to bed at 9 or 10..my kids seem to only require 1 1/2 or noon nap an 8hrs of sleep a nite..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010