Antoher could you believe this a sweet sixteen where they are asking us to bring money?

I could not beleive this invite it is still on the table as i have not talked to them yet. I under stand it is your child sweet sixteen and yes you are buying her a car. Fine by me I am sending her a gas card. Why I will not buy heer a Guicci pure for five hundred dollars? People are out of pocket here.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• That is just stupid. It's sad how Sweet 16 parties are the latest fads now. One we will not succumb to
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If I were turning 16 and getting a car, I'd rather have the gas card!!!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 11:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• They asked you to bring $$ as a gift or buy her a Gucci purse?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• crazy!!!! more irresponsible drivers on the roads!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I know what you mean That is way I cut the cell phones off so that the kids can save up for a car. I don't have it like that. Call me cheap but a car is a privillage and car insurance here in Miami is off the chain. We just lost three young men to speed racing in a car that daddy brought him. Not that car is gone and so is his sone scary. A car is a lot of responibility.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• is this a relative or something? i would tell them that i'm not getting them that because they don't need to keep teaching their daughter to be a tag whore... yes, a gas card is a great gift idea
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• it is EXTREMELY tacky to ask for cash for any type of party
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sweet 16s are not the latest fads; they were common when I was a teen and they were more of a coming-out/coming of age party (I did not have one, no one in my family did). Today, they've become no different than a wedding or baby shower where the bride/mom-to-be registers for specific gifts. No one says you have to buy off the registry or give what the parents are asking. Do your own thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yeah I wouldn't bother going then.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No not a family member just some people that I net work with. To even invite me and my child when I run a non for profit. I don't even get paid for my work. I do it out of the kindness of my heart. Helping runaways and homless women get clothes for work. I even get clothes for baby new borns that don't have any thing. Wow
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010