Bipartisan [lacking] Responsibility and Accountability? Another sweet deal bailout for banks awaits Obama's signature...

A bill that homeowners advocates warn will make it more difficult to challenge improper foreclosure attempts by big mortgage processors is awaiting President Barack Obama’s signature after it quietly zoomed through the Senate last week.

The bill, passed without public debate in a way that even surprised its main sponsor, Republican Representative Robert Aderholt, requires courts to accept as valid document notarizations made out of state, making it harder to challenge the authenticity of foreclosure and other legal documents.

The timing raised eyebrows, coming during a rising furor over improper affidavits and other filings in foreclosure actions by large mortgage processors such as GMAC, JPMorgan and Bank of America…The legislation could protect bank and mortgage processors from liability for false or improperly prepared documents.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Your fears have ben answered, O sent it back.

LINK

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sounds like a lot of behind the scenes lobbying. The senate is seldom unanimous. It reeks of something. The timing is certainly suspicious and full of WIIFT? (what's in it for them).
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Link

The legislation, if signed by Obama, could protect bank and mortgage processors from liability for false or improperly prepared documents.

Bill

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Would you contact the White House to let your voice be heard

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have been criticizing Republicans, too... Move past your ignorance long enough to read how serious this bill is. . Read the facts...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• 'Anoucky cookie'~I posted the FACTS as written by Reuters... Not like I posted some partisan blog... I am not a Republican... I am an independent. Fiscal Conservative... Do you understand that it isn't always one or the other??? I even said yesterday, that I agree parties are interchangeable and have said people are looking for the tea party because they are fed up with Repubs... I even said we needed to do move away from a two party system, even if it means reverting to the original constitution process for determining VP... You may choose to be selective in your memory retention, but my opinions are out there... Take the blinders off...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't think any of us got enough information from that article to make an informed decision, to be honest. One should be able to expect that a notarized statement is the truth, regardless of what state it was made in. Bank employees can lie in the same state just as easily as they can lie in a different one. So yes, in theory, it SHOULD be totally acceptable for notarized statements in one state to be admissable in another state.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• And please, refrain from the "cutesy" name calling... It's patronizing.
    Anouck

• I don't think any of us got enough information from that article to make an informed decision, to be honest.

Honestly?? Do you need someone to hold your hand when you pee too... I provided the link for the actual BILL... Read it... It gives banks a FREE pass from accountability....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Now you're criticizing Obama (prematurely, since he hasn't signed anything yet) for possibly supporting a bill REPUBLICANS introduced?

Yes, because I believe in FULL Accountability.  And NOT FREE PASSES...  Try it. ;o)

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010