Food for a 10mo old?

I've been working with dd on solids, I'm just not sure what she can eat and what she can't. She still kind of gags on a lot of stuff, but it's getting better. She LOVES teddy grams, but I have to really watch her with those. And cheerios, and scrambled eggs, and mixed veggies. I chopped up some chicken breast the other day and she did ok with that. BUt spit most of it back out. what all should i try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/  AWESOME website full of healthy ides and recipes.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If she's gagging on most of it, she's not ready for solids yet. Go back to the stage three baby foods. She'll let you know when she's ready for more solid textures.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Stage 3 baby foods are liquid with chunks. And eww. Why not give REAL foods? Healthy one? An avocado is smoother and healthier than ANY jar of baby food out there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Then at least puree the foods. A ten month old gagging on almost everything is showing she is not ready for that texture and consistency yet, and THAT was the point I was trying to make.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Bananas, avocados, thin baby oatmeal- rice cereal, pureed vegi and fruits, those little stars that they sell as snackers- melt in rhe mouth. LOL our dog loves those she'd stick her nose in the bowl and they would stick to her nose and shed lick them off. Lol
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010