What do you do when your land lord has it in for you?

My land lord and I don't get a long. Which is fine by me but every other day she is posting something on my door. she knows that I have a mental problem yet she continue to get on my nerves. I never say a thing as I don't know hoe to act when dealing with people who stress me out. I come off like I have a bad attuide. So my sister usually deals with her. The latest is her standing at my door yelling that she wants me out of the building. Wow

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you pay your rent on time.. then call the police on her for harassment. She has no reason to yell through your door.. If she wants you out.. tell her to evict you for a good reason.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You have the right to live with out stress.

You can call the police any day or night if someone is disturbing you. Learned that this year.

If she leaves notes on your door, you can notify the police. Everyone has the right to live in a safe, quiet, enviorment.

Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Pay your rent on time. Then if she shows up at your door with no reason, call the police and prosecute her!
    On a side note, if I were having that many problems out of a landlord, I would honestly be looking for somewhere else to move! No reason to deal with the stress if you don't have to!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am leaving as soon as the lease is up. My program that helps pay the rent for me wants me to stay for another year. It is to stress ful as my doctor pointed out yesterday at the meeting. I need peace not stress. i have had enough of that as i have live with five years of abuse.
    dorotheabrown37

Comment by dorotheabrown37 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i would press harassment charges and then move... get a lawyer if u must
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You have a program helping you pay rent. I guarantee that's her #1 problem.

But. As long as you are paying your rent on time and abiding by your contract, what she's doing is called harrassment, and the police need to be called in to stop it. Start documenting every time she is at your door - date, time, and the reason. Get witnesses. Keep every piece of paper she posts on your door.

IF you are indeed abiding by your contract, she CANNOT ask for anything above and beyond. If she want you out, she has to have a valid, legal reason, and has to serve you with at least a 30 day notice.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010