Has anyone gotten pregnant w/o insurance?

We don't make enough to afford private insurance, but too much for Medicaid. What would I do if I found myself expecting? Any info would be great. (Termination not an option - don't even suggest it!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My pregnacy was unplanned and happened when neither of us had insurance through work. Before the pregnancy, we made too much for Medicaid. After I got pregnant, we qualified. The baby and I were covered.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• in MN, you can get on state insurance. IF you're pregnant. They won't deny you no matter like your situation.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had insurance, got pregnant by accident, and qualified for medicaid. When you're pregnant they count the baby, which changes income qualifications. So if you're a family of 4, and make too much, and you get pregnant you'll count as a family of 5 and puts you into a different bracket.
    Anonymous

• The amount goes up majorly if you are pregnant. We did not qualify for regular medicaide, but did once I was prego.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I didnt have insurance. I tried to get private insurance but none would take me cause i was already pregnant. So i got medicaid. The qualifications are different when you are pregnant. When i got pregnant me and DH were working and i qualified. Now im not working and he still is but since im not pregnant we make too much to qualify. And if you arent married it doesnt matter how much SO makes.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I did with each and got Medicaid~

You can plan a low-cost birth including payment plans with a homebirth midwife. Fortunately, the safest & most pleasant option can be the most affordable!!

:-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010