Why is everyone controlling what people eat? Kids birthdays>..

OMG< This is getting annoying.... My daughter in 2nd grade can't bring cup cakes to school for her birthday, hello!!!! What is the world coming too...

That was the exciting part of the day, cup cakes. Why can't they??? I am so sick of this.

Let kids be kids, it is up to us as parents to control what they eat, not our society.....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• Maybe because of nut allergies?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Because now-a-days people are nuts.. some parents could put stuff into the cupcakes. The schools just feel much safer with store bought items packaged up.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Who told her she couldn't? The teacher? They probably have to get the kids' parents' consent nowadays. It does ruin the fun for kids.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• For a lot of schools it is a safety issue. A lot of kids have food allergies, etc. They don't allow it at my son's school either. However, they have no problem with me going to lunch with him, and bringing him a cupcake with a candle to enjoy himself!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yea our school system is the same way. They are having a Halloween party at school but for religious reason they arent allowed to call it a "Halloween Party" so its a Fall Festival!! and I asked the teacher if I could donate some candy for the kids and she said they are not allowed to bring food into the class room not even for birthdays or anything because of the obesity issue.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• There have, unfortunately, been instances when people have 1) Put poisons/razor blades/other items/medication into homemade food. and 2) Failed to inform the teacher of certain allergens within the food (peanuts, egg, whatever). So the schools feel more comfortable with prepackaged prepared items only.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• At my school students can not bring b-day treats, but because of financial reasons. Not everyone can afford to bring them and we do not want anyone to feel left out. It was a big deal the 1st year but now- 2 years later it's no big deal at all.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Maybe talking to the principal would give you a better answer on why.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I dont blame the schools. Not only do sugary treats interfere with learning, but there is an allergy and safety issue as well. It's really not the end of the world.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It is BS!! kids a missing out on being kids.

On one has ever shit in cupcakes!!!!

Liberals are our problems, they think that the government should tell us what to eat, where to live, what we should be driving, how our home should be in the name of saving the world. That is all Bullshit!!!
    It is called taking away our freedoms.

You as group of moms that think you should be able to bring cupcakes should together and change that in your school. We still have some power. USE IT
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010