My daughter has nightmares and I was wondering at the age of 5 should she be having nightmares and should she be snoring?

liyah317

Asked by liyah317 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I had the occasional one at 5 and still have them occasionally. I have also snored since 2. So, it's possible she is fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm 31 and I still have nightmares on occasion. Don't know anything about the snoring.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can have nightmares anytime........as far as her snoring you can snore at any age as well :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My almost 2 year old has night terrors and sleep walks....i wanna get him checked out!! It really freaks me out, it is the scarriest thing to witness! When did your kid start having the nightmares?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My son never had nightmares, but I do think it is fairly common. The snoring thing, no, I don't think it is normal for a child that young to be consistently snoring.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• At about age 5 children realize how Fragile life is... Before that age death and dying were mere words. Then children come to terms and realize that Mommy's and daddy's are not invincible and they worry!!!! The problem is at the tender age of 5 they Don't have the vocabulary skills to express their fears or concerns. All we can do is constantly reassure our children that were OK and give them maybe a little more one on one... The fear can be triggered by a movie, death of a pet or family member or even the passing of a neighbor... What made me realize how ''fragile'' life could be was - the movie Bambi. Don't laugh.... I was 6 and to me Bambi was real and his mommy died... Good Luck. Em

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• im older and i still do both so im thinking she good its ok
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Does she eat a late supper or snack alot of times that makes them have nightmares, It's not abnormal for children to have nightmares unless of course it gets out of control and is an every night thing. Snoring is not unormal either, it could be she has allergies and can't breath out her nose well. You might want to have her checked
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Snoring and nightmares don't necessarily go together, but either can happen at any time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2010