how many of you have begun xmas shopping? How much are you spending this year?

I have $1,200 this year and no more. When I asked my kids to write up a wish list last night my 12 yr old almost 13 asked for a PS3, my 14yr old asked for a nintendo dsi and a digital camera and clothes my 7 yr old wants a wii...Are you flippin kidding me??? When I saw the lists I was like we ain't getting all this. I am considering buying a wii from santa for all 3 with 3 remotes and 2 games to start out they can all play together and share. I will buy them some small gifts from us but from santa the wii. Hubby has already hinted around he's getting me a laptop yay me..he's getting a sony bravia theatre system to go with his tv. so my question to you is what is your budget this year and have you begun to shop?

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I started Dec 26 of last year :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I started Last year after Christmas. Total we will spend aorund 300 or so. For 2 kids, my 16 year old niece, my 6 year old niece, my In-laws and my parents. DH and I don't exchange gifts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I started just after last Christmas... I never stop... But I don't track my spending.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We have not had a very big budget for Christmas the last couple of years bc of the economy. Like last year, I will probably do a reasonable "Santa gift" to me and hubby, necesities for the kids + one small item. Last year they got some winter clothes + a DVD or game. I asked family not to give us gifts since we could not afford to reciprocate. Our parents still gave, but other family members were relieved to have the pressure off.

I still bought gifts for the Foster Kids tree and for a friend who I knew would not be having anything for Christmas. Although we are LOW funds for Christmas, we are not NO funds for Christmas. As a family we have 100% more things than we need. Last year was a big reality check for how overboard we had gone in years past ($300 per kid + us). Now I will spend less than $300 on all of us and Christmas is just as special. Even when things improve, I plan to be more reasonable
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't plan on spending too much b/c we had two huge b'days for my DS. I'm planning on just getting him a new big boy bedroom since he's 2. (He's been in my bed since birth & it's really time to kick him out.) If I can't find an affordable twin or full bed, I'll get him a toddler bed at work. I work at an awesome baby store & I get 25% for our holiday shopping season. I plan on getting all of his stuff there b/c it'll be a lot less expensive & I can just get stuff on my way home.

He has so many toys & clothes that he really doesn't need anything else. And I really don't want to spend a whole lot. And I know my mother will go in on whatever I decided to get. So I'm looking at maybe paying $200-300. And it's stuff that he'll be able to grow w/ so I don't have to buy anything else for a while. I think a new bedroom is a good investment.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I haven't, I always go to the Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales. Thats how I buy most of my Christmas. My budget this year will be around $1200. That is for me and hubby, our 3 kids and extended family.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i dont budget, i just kinda limit what i buy, this year my girls are not getting a whole lot, we are moving shortly after christmas and i dont want a bunch of crap to move with us.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I will start after Halloween as for the amount.....I don't have a specific amount or budget that I have to stick to...so the kids will get a great Xmas...they always do. I love buying for my family
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i dont really have a budget but for my kids i will spend a total of $300, i am done for them except for stocking stuffers. The rest of the family is almost done as well.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We haven't started yet but probably wont start until december.We're trying to catch up on bills and get ready for hunting season.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010