Do you think you are better than people who have to get foodstamps or government assitance?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 12:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutley not. Just because a person needs PA does not mean that they're not a person too. I was there once... I'm not anymore, but I'll never forget what it's like to be a person that has fallen on hard times!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No... I think it's a great temporary help up... Temporary being the operative word.... But it shouldn't be a handout... I I have worked with a great cause called Urban Cure... The goal is to help people build themselves up with personal responsibility and move away from government dependence. Wonderful Project. Have met some GREAT people who have changed their lives for the better by working their arses to get OFF of public assistance... Inspirations everywhere.... Truly Amazing..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• People who need it no, people who scam the system to get it when they don't really need it yes..... and I'm not judging who needs it and who doesn't- they know who they are.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't say I think I am better than anyone else. I do have a huge resentment on those who are chronic users of the system and hide behind the help not being a contribution to this country.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think gov. assistance should be a temporary thing.till things get better in your situation.I got it years ago, and then got on my feet.I don't like those who live on welfare,have kids, their kids have kids....and the cycle never ends.But I don't think I am better than them.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No never I know what its like to struggle and not have food in the fridge :( That was a while ago... so no never better
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no because i get government assistance i'm on disability but i hate the people who act like its a way to get out of work and make it harder for the people who need it to get what they need
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nope, because it could be any one of us in this economy
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No. Some people don't understand other's situations. No one should be ashamed.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no. I am happy that my husband is working and can support us. I like that their are programs to help people in need.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010