so confused...help! UPDATE/reply

Both my husband and myself have agreed that its human nature to look. not touch.
I hug everybody too and my hubby knows that. He knows of him, but when i have asked if he wants to meet him he is like not now. i want my husband to have female friends just like i should be allowed to have male friends. we both have complete trust in each other's faithfulness to eachother. i once asked my husband what he would do if he fell in love with another woman in addition to me. he said he wouldnt let their relationship get that far. im not in love with him, farthest from, but the guy has said some rather inappropriate things before too. sorry for rambling...
Thank you everyone for helping me out a little bit with getting clarity on what to do :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been married for 23 years. My husband still, to this day, gets very jealous if I have any sort of contact(verbal, email or a hug) with a male friend. This is how men are. I try to only have conversations with other men when he is not around. I am a very sociable person, my husband is not. He always teases me about trying to pickup other guys. I have told him that after 23 years he should get over it. He doesn't listen. Husbands, you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, just got to love 'em.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 1:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Your husband should feel that he is the one and only guy for you.And you should feel the same from him.As long as the two of you feel that way towards each other, then the gender of your friends shouldn't bother him at all. and the same towards you,.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Um..ok. If this guy is truly your friend, then he doesn't need to be making inappropriete comments to you. JMO I agree that you and hubs should be able to have friends of the opposite sex, but maybe your hubs senses something in you when you talk about the other guy that rubs him the wrong way? I know that I can tell how my hubs feels about someone just by the way he speaks of them. The tone of his voice on the phone with them, etc. Friends come and go, if this one makes our hubs uncomfortable, maybe its time to let him go (the friend). GL
    bebe_ju-rah

Answer by bebe_ju-rah at 12:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm confused? Who is this other guy?
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thanks everyone for helping me sort out my emotions. I did talk to my husband about this issue and even though the guy at work was my friend, I am confident now about what I have to do to end the friendship. I feel sooo much better now. Thanks again!!!!!!! :)
    vermont4snow

Answer by vermont4snow at 11:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010