I think one of the twins has acid reflux.

He spits up, bursts out crying for no reason, has wet burp, hiccups, drinks a small amount of his bottle frequently and is irritable when feeding. Anyone's baby have this? What does the Dr. do?

TALuke

Asked by TALuke at 12:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed him his bottle when he is in an upward position.Not laying down flat.That helps a little.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It could be caused by a hernia. It is very common. Take the baby to the doctor,I'm sure it is painful. I'm sure u can get into the doctor today. message me let me know how it goes. o.k.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• First they had me put cerial in my sons formula then when that didn't work they changed his formula to Nutramagen (it sucks cause it's exspensive) and finally my son was on Zantac till he was about 4 months, after that no problem with it, but thoses first trial months were hard. Good luck
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sounds like it may be acid reflux. Are you BF or formula feeding (I am not against either) But it could be something that you're eating that is effecting his belly or a switch in formula may help. Our son has pretty severe acid reflux and we have been dealing with it for the last 5.5 months (he'll be 6 months old on Saturday). Once the doctor diagnosed it, we did all the traditional methods of helping it including holding him upright during feedings, limiting movement and holding him upright for at least 30 minutes after a feeding, and using gas drops in his bottles to reduce bubbles. We also tried Zantac and it was not strong enough. He is now on Prevacid 7.5 mg 2x a day for the acid and Bethanechol to help keep his stomach contents down. We also switch to Similiac Sensitive RS since it's a little heavier. All of this has worked great.. There is no magic cure for acid reflux though.. we still have good days and bad days! GL!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 1:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Oh and Gripe Water works instantly for hiccups!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 1:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010