should i still ttc while taking the pill?

my doctor put me on a low dose of birth control pills to try for 2 months just to regulate my cycle..do you think it will be safe to still try while taking the pills? or should i try to prevent it by using protection until the 2 months is up? I am taking them only because my cycle has been so irregular and we do want to have a baby and its been hard timing ovulation.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Ummmm.... I think taking the pill will prevent you from conceiving....if I'm understanding the question correctly.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Your best bet is to call and ask your doctor. They'd be the most knowlegable about the type of BC you are on.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yeah, I'm in agreement with skittles1108; the pill will prevent you from conceiving. It is a form of CONTRAception...
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yeah I cant imagine that it will help you to conceive, with the pill and all, and there may be side effects to getting pregnant while on it, I would research the birth control you are using and make sure that it doesnt lead to any defects or anything. Although I think that most babies that are conceived while mom is on birth control turn out fine.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i guess what i mean..is..would it be safe to have unprotected sex..in the event i did get pregnant while on bc pills, could it harm a baby? Or should we be using protection
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• birth control might make it a little hard to get pregnant......most people get on the pill so they dont have to use protection...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• there is still a slight chance you could get pregnant but there is also a chance the pill could make you miscarry or cause birth defects if you did get pregnant
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Could this be the "mini pill" that women get when they are breast feeding? If so, it is still possible to get pregnant. My doctor gave me the mini pill and recommended I use another form of birth control also.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would wait to try to concieve. The pill could cause miscarriage which could again throw off your period and ovulation cycle.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010