Im 9 weeks tomorrow and woke up with a little bright red spotting on the toilet p...im so scared what could it be, what should i do?! :(

lilarose14

Asked by lilarose14 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be very normal for you or it could be a problem the only way to know for sure is to call your doctor. Just know a lot of women will spot during pregnancy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Spotting is normal in the first trimester..if you're really unsure call your doctor.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A little isn't generally a big deal, but if you need some reassurance, call your OB/midwife.
    As long as it doesn't get period-heavy, you're probably okay.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• As long as you don't have cramps, I wouldn't worry too much.Unless it persists.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That happened with my second baby. I went to the doc and they did an ultrasound said everything looked fine and it can be normal. They told me not to do any mopping or vacuuming or stuff like that. He is six now.
    chrisnjoesmom

Answer by chrisnjoesmom at 12:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• why no mopping or vacuuming? im so scared
    lilarose14

Comment by lilarose14 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No mopping or vacumming is common after childbirth because it puts a little stress on your lower abs and pelvic floor, oddly enough. If you are bleeding, you need to try to take it easy until it either stops or your doctor gives you other instructions. Some women do bleed in pregnancy. My experience with bleeding ended in miscarriage. Try to stay calm and contact your doctor today!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• did you call dr?any cramps?[hugs mama]
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010