What do you think of a mother who does this?

A mother "accidentally" signs over custody of her child to the father who is a molester. "Claims" she has done all she can to get her child back in her custody, but says her child is better off with the mom not fighting for her. The mother says she will "try again for custody when the child is 12 and will see what happens". Do you think the mother REALLY did everything she could? Do you think she just gave up? Do you think she is a liar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If I knew my chld was unsafe and the law did nothing, I would abduct my own child. She did not try hard enough.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• accidentally my ass!
    motherofpearl3

Answer by motherofpearl3 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think she is a liar and simply doesn't care enough to fight. Number one I would never be dumb enough to "accidentally" sign over my rights. Number two I would never allow a child molester anywhere near my kids. I would be in court everyday fighting with the judge over that! Number 3 - NOTHING in this world could stop me from fighting for custody of my kids. NOTHING.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no she didn't try hard enough she should've fought tooth and nail after the 'accidental' signing over. it sounds like she just doesn't care. its sad because my sister in law signed her parental rights over to her ex husband and the child is only 2, turning 3 tomorrow. he's a good dad but she didn't want custody at all of my neice, she just handed her over when she could've won full custody if she wanted to. she chose partying and whoring over her own kid. some people just shouldnt be mothers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't get how anyone could "accidentally" sign over custody of their child. I mean, if she read the paper she would know what she was signing! I will say, once custody is set, it is extremely hard to get it changed. However, I don't think you can "accidentally" sign it over to begin with!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think she is a terrible mother and doesn't deserve the child.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If the father is a molester, and has been charged, she should be able to get at least joint custody.
    akyoungmommy

Answer by akyoungmommy at 1:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sounds pretty stupid to me. I dont see how you could "accidentally" sign custody over to someone. But if I did, I know I wouldnt stop fighting to get her back until I did. Ecspecially if the one who had custody was a molestor! Which is weird, cause where I live, if someone is a registered molestor, they cant have custody of a child. I feel bad for the girl :/
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• she failed and didnt want to try again. someone told her she couldnt have her way and wasnt seeing it her way so just gave up and that's where " her child is better off with the mom not fighting for her." its an excuse not to fight anymore.

she failed then gave up. not a lier or anything.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A good mother would never put a child in harms way.

Answer by older at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010