Has one of your infant been born with a "sacral dimple" , also known as a butt dimple?

Our baby has one.I know what it is and what it could be, I've googled it.
When you look at his, you can't tell just by sight if the hole continues on or if it just dimples. It is right at the top of the butt crack.
He is 2 weeks old, were waiting to see what it looks like when he is 6 weeks and if nothing has changed at that point, he will be getting an MRI to see how deep it goes and if there are any other problems with it.
I'm trying to stay calm and think positive about it, I've read that most babies born with this, it turns out to be no problems.
I'm wondering what others may have experienced with this?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter has one. She had some issues with urinary reflux when she was younger, but I never really got a clear answer from the doctor on whether the 2 were related. Her urinary reflux issue eventually resolved itself (when she was around 5 years old) and she hasn't had any problems since.
    Congratulations on the new baby!!!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My kids don't have one, but I do. It's never caused me any problem whatsoever except an initial question from my SO when he saw it the first time.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my daughter has one and so does her father but there just a dimple it looks kinda funny but they have never had any problems with it good luck!!
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my niece had one and it looked like it went deep and the pediatrician said the same thing, wait till 6 weeks and see. well by six weeks it looked like a scar. so they didnt even do the mri.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• oh and theres is in the same spoy rite at the top of there crack
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have seen them on other babies, but mine didn't have it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My almost 4 yr old has it. The doc checked it at one of her visits and said it looked fine (hers looks deep and like a hole but if you pull it open you see it is a dimple). She never ordered an mri for my DD.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son doesn't, but I do. It's never caused a problem.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2010