How much does a vasectomy usually cost?

Does anyone know how much a vasectomy typically costs? We just had our 3rd baby in under 4 years and DH and I are DONE! But times are tight and we're not sure we'll be able to afford the 15% copay to have it done. Can anyone give me an idea what 15% of a vasectomy would actually BE???

stargazer5585

Asked by stargazer5585 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• free in oregon!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• $350-$1000... Insurance won't cover the whole thing?
    You might be able to have the doctor bill you and arrange a payment plan... I think in these times they seem to understand financial troubles and they'd rather have money come in then nothing at all
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• sorry letme explain.... go to planned parenthood and they will bill the insurance and the copay will be dismissed and if you have no insurance it is free.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Really, planned parenthood will pay for that?! I'll have to check into it! Thanks!
    stargazer5585

Comment by stargazer5585 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We lived in Illinois when my husband had his done. We had railroad insurance at the time and although they had no problem covering every bit of my $100,000 complicated pregnancy, they would not cover a vasectomy. We paid $1500 for it out of pocket, including all the required blood tests, etc. Worth every penny! :P
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010