How much does a vasectomy usually cost?

Does anyone know how much a vasectomy typically costs? We just had our 3rd baby in under 4 years and DH and I are DONE! But times are tight and we're not sure we'll be able to afford the 15% copay to have it done. Can anyone give me an idea what 15% of a vasectomy would actually BE???

Asked by stargazer5585 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• free in oregon!

Answer by cassie_m at 12:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• $350-$1000... Insurance won't cover the whole thing?
    You might be able to have the doctor bill you and arrange a payment plan... I think in these times they seem to understand financial troubles and they'd rather have money come in then nothing at all

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• sorry letme explain.... go to planned parenthood and they will bill the insurance and the copay will be dismissed and if you have no insurance it is free.

Answer by cassie_m at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Really, planned parenthood will pay for that?! I'll have to check into it! Thanks!

Comment by stargazer5585 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We lived in Illinois when my husband had his done. We had railroad insurance at the time and although they had no problem covering every bit of my $100,000 complicated pregnancy, they would not cover a vasectomy. We paid $1500 for it out of pocket, including all the required blood tests, etc. Worth every penny! :P

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010