my baby is attached to daddy during bedtime but now daddy works nights what can I do to help baby adjust?

Jessica W.

Asked by Jessica W. at 1:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with RaeTy..

When we first brought our daughter home he worked days then he got an offer where if he accepted nights he would get paid more so he accepted cuz we needed the cash.. And when she was about 4 months old he started nights, at first I was having a hard time getting her to sleep cuz when he worked days hed come home and that was his thing hed hang with DD so I could get dinner and stuff going..when he started nihgts it was soooo bad...you could tell she missed her daddy.. My in law suggested me putting on a shirt that he wore..So Id wear the shirt that he slept in the nigh before and it calmed her...
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• or you can put a shirt on that daddy as worn, sense of smell is really strong with babies. it will help calm until baby get's use to mommy doing it
    RaeTy

Answer by RaeTy at 1:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• you could try having him do his nightly routine before he leaves (even if it is too early for bed time) and i would start doing the same routine with her daily so she gets used to it. also add in something that is just for u and her to do.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010