food allergies

my daughter cannot have nuts, milk, soy, eggs, wheat, citrus fruits. but her formula that her doctor gave her has milk in it...so i am confused. can she have certain things with any of these foods in it? cause if not, i dont know what to feed her cause almost eveything has one of these ingredients in them. the only one thing she def. has to stay away from is nuts. he wasnt persistent about anything else, but nuts.
any info would be great.
i tried calling my daughters doctors but no one has returned my calls.... its ridiculous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I agree, you need more info from the Dr. No, if she is allergic to milk, she should not be drinking a formula with milk in it. There are prescription formulas that many allergy children can handle, your ped should have talked to you about this :( I would seek out a specialist too. Our son was allergic to milk, soy, nuts, cashews, strawberries and eggs. I have some lists I can email you that helped me when I was starting out. Send me a PM and I will send them too you. It's hard at first but once you get the hang of it you'll do better. Most children outgrow food allergies by 3 yrs old, the more you keep the allergens away from them the sooner they outgrow it.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• What was your daughters diagnosis Lactose intolerant, Celiacs disease, or just food allergies in general. I would assume that the doctor who put her on the formula wouldn't give her something that wasn't safe but perhaps you should call another pediatrician or even local hospital and get a second opinion.
    Good luck
    KimPhillips

Answer by KimPhillips at 7:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• RE: milk: you need to know if she's sensitive to the sugar (lactose) in milk or the protein (casein).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Once she is over a yr you can do rice milk. You just have to learn to read ingredient labels. Once you have a basic list of things she can eat it makes it SO much easier. Milk and Soy were hard but wheat will be very hard. There are TONS of websites with information for you, just do a search for food allergies.
    pwfaith

• This girls have gave great advice and I want you to know that my DD is also allergic to milk,soy, egg and more, so if you need any help on thing to feed her and advice r just someone to vent on, you can write me, I know when I found out I felt like I was in this hole and no one know what I was going through.

hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 7:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008