DID ANY1 SEE OPRAH YESTERDAY

it brought me to tears..the lady had split personalities..26 different ones..
one personality didnt reconize the daughter..an it brought her 13yr dd to tears..her mom(kim) personality was only able to come out for a short period of time..she hadnt been out in 13yrs..her dominate personality Patricia is the one raising her daughter..its so sad..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have actually read the book by Trudi Chase and have been fascinated by DID for a LONG time now... These stories ALWAYS break my heart... But I figure, for all the hurdles, if the person hadn't "split" they would have so many other more harmful issues it would be much worse...

BPD runs in my family, and although it's not as extreme as DID I know what it's like to not really know what personality you're coming home to... And it's hard! Really hard! I can't imagine what these kids go through, but I just keep thinking it would be worse if their personalities didn't split...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I did see it. I just don't know how that child could possibly grow up unaffected. And to imagine what she went through as a child to make her that way is just so incredibly sad.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i was wondering if she is in anyway more affected now that she got to meet her mom(kim) not patricia who is raising her..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• it runs in my family also..tho my mom never had it..i would imagine it hurts to have never known your true mother at all..i never heard of trudy til yesterday..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010