Pro-lifers adult content

I know this topic has been beaten to death. But to those of you who are all for making abortion illegal, do you support comprehensive sex ed, or abstinence only?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I completely support sex ed, I think it needs to be taught better, and that things like condoms and birth control should be easier to get, it really isn't that hard to prevent a pregnancy it you don't want it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Personally I think that the sex ed talk should be left up to the parents I know that I want my children learning it from me, but I will discuss all the issues with them, promote abstinence, but let them know that if they dont wait there are other options out there. I think for the schools it should be a community based decision, if the majority of the community want abstinence only taught then so be it, but if the majority of the community want comprehensive birth control taught then it should be.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i am pro life yes but i am also for comprehensive sex ed being taught in schools...the abstinence talk/scare does not work. kids are gonna have sex, it happens every day and they need to know about protection
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I support comprehensive sex ed. But, they need to teach that the only way to PREVENT PREGNANCY is to NOT HAVE SEX. BC is not 100% and it is dangerous.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i was taught in school that the only 100% way to ensure that you don't get pregnant is to not have sex. and i think it's good that they teach these things, because parents sometimes don't.
    i think we've learned over and over that people are pretty much going to do whatever they want, no matter what, so informing them the best we can is all we can do. so, yeah, abstinance, condoms, bc, stds, etc - all of it should be taught.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 3:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I fully support comprehensive sexual education, readily available birth control, support for pregnant women, and anything else we can do. I realize that the problem here is unwanted pregnancy - abortion is just one poor solution to that problem. When we can cut down on unwanted pregnancy we can cut down on abortion. I'm all for working together to see that happen instead of fighting over it.

I do believe, though, that it needs to be stressed that the only for sure way to not get pregnant is to not have sex. And I feel that sex ed should include pregnancy, development of the fetus (and all that it entails, pictures, etc), and other aspects relating to pregnancy instead of just STD's (because my sex ed only really got into the STD part, not that its not important). It should include hearing from people who have had abortions (in whatever way), go into what abortion is and entails, how its done, etc, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes I support compre. sex ed. you can never have to much. We need to educate these teens on sex!! Parents need to grow up and stop being so blind to their kids and sex. If you don't teach your children about the cause and effects of sex early enough, their friends will do it with no problem!

We can't stop people from having sex if they want too, but we can educate them and help them make smart decisions when they act.

But also at a young age. Yes we should push abstince, there is NO reason for teenagers to have sex. It only causes problems, diseases, and pregnancies.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I believe it is absurd to tell a teenager that they just cant help themself, and "since they're gonna do it anyway", give them condoms and/or BC. We expect them to control their other impulses. Their hormones trigger mood swings...does that mean we should let them have their little tantrums without consequence? They also want to stay up all night, slack off at school, and take other dangerous risks...is that allowed? Of course not, because as adults we know that those things are unwise and lead to consequences that those kids arent ready for. So then, educators need to also teach teens that they CAN control themselves and that sex does NOT equal love or affection, and that they are not ready for the consequences, both physical and emotional. People like to snicker at abstinence education...but look at the teen pregnancy rate since we've been "educating" them on "safe sex". Its been going steadily up and up and up...
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010