how to get your kid to stop pooping his pants

my son has been potty trained for a while now but recently he started pooping in his pants at daycare and only at daycare. and i have no idea what to do to get him to stop he knows how to use the potty and does it at home so i dont understand why he is doing it at daycare.. and he thinks its funny.. timeout doesnt work with this kid making him clean himself up doesnt work. spanking him doesnt work, talking to him doesnt work.. he is almost 4 years old he shouldnt be doing this anymore!

any advice?

lacystar

Asked by lacystar at 1:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he not getting enough attention at daycare? I would pop in at your lunch, or whenever UNNANOUNCED and check out the siti. Bet the prob is with the daycare. Is he on a schedule? Mine poop at the sameish time every day pretty much. Stop in then. I got mine a brand new pack or spiderman boxer briefs. Goal is once you can not poop your pants you can have a pair. And if you can do it 2 more days than the last you get another pair til the pack was all out. Good luck!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree with stepho345. As he is only 4, he has not obtained the ability to reason out why he is pooping. There is something at daycare that must be triggering this. I would pop in a few times, at different times of the day. I do believe in bribery, I offered my youngest a nintendo ds if he would quit pooping in his pants. He had to be clean for 14 days in a row. I finally had to purchase it.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 1:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Bribery doesnt work with my son.. and i am unable to pop in at daycare just when ever i only get half an hour for lunch and the daycare is half an hour away and the rest of the day i am stuck at my desk not allowed to go anywhere. he pooped his pants at home last night soo i spanked him and took away his underwear that seemed to upset him.. i think part of the problem is the daycare keeps putting him back in pull ups even when i bring extra underwear for him.. and he likes pull ups.. i have told them not to do that but they dont listen.
    lacystar

Comment by lacystar (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• look into getttin a new daycare
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If daycare isn't listening to your requests you have to have a sit down with the director. Let her know that you've asked them to NOT use pull-ups and they are anyway and it's causing your son to revert back to pooping in his pants because he thinks it's okay. Teachers will listen to their boss more than 'just another parent'
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 1:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010