Progestrin

i had a misscarrage and i want to know what will they do the next time my friend said they will put me on progestrin and watch closly but i have had two healthy births before does any one know what to do i dont want another loss im not pregnate now but we are trying!

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 1:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• After one miscarriage they might check your blood levels sooner to make sure your progesterone levels are ok, but they also might do nothing. Some doctors believe your progesterone levels are too low because you are miscarrying rather than the other way around. I know it's frustrating and worrisome. I had a miscarriage possibly due to low progesterone, and then the next time I got pregnant I took progesterone, initially in suppository form and then changed to daily shots because my levels were too low and I was bleeding. I took shots up through the 11th week, and I went on to deliver two healthy babies. If you do get pregnant and have ANY bleeding demand a progesterone test. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We m/c our first pregnancy and are trying for a baby again, 4 months after our loss. I asked the same question of my nurse practitioner and she said that I could quite possibly go on to have a very healthy pregnancy the next time; she didn't think I would need my progesterone levels checked right away in the next pregnancy but I think I might have to insist as it is my body and if low progesterone is the ONLY thing preventing me from carrying a baby to term, a simple prescription could save a life!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It helped me.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was on progesterone with my daughter..They have pill form and ones that you insert..My levels were a little bit too low for there liking and It worked and now she's a healthy 3 year old :)..
    Glitterandglitz

Answer by Glitterandglitz at 5:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010