i feel like the worst mom in the world.

dh and i had a fight this morning, and he said somethikng thats really hurt me. when he left for work i started crying and both of the kids ran up to me and started giving me hugs and kisses to make me feel better. so after we sat for awhile and had some food i told them that i was time to get up and clean their room. they refused to do anything but sit and play, and i started yelling at them out of anger and pain from my fight w/ dh this morning. i made my son cry becuase he doesnt like to b yelled at. and i feel so bad right now.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh sweety, you were just frustrated and hurt... Sure, in an ideal world we wouldn't project that onto our kids, but everybody slips up every now and then. We've all been there, trust me. Hang in there! :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• =( I've been there, done that. I just told them I was sorry..Mommy was upset.. They get over it fast! Just keep your head up! =)♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It happens just explain to him that you are sorry and you didnt mean to yell at him.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• dont feel bad its only human nature..i have done it on more than one occasion...i have found myself crying cause i felt bad for doin it..kids are so forgiving..it will hurt them for only a lil bit..once u pull yourself back together just sit an talk with them..you'll find that he already forgave u..just waiting for u to come in a give him a kiss..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Part of motherhood is doing things that make us feel awful. Everyone has done it don't be too hard on yourself. Have you ever heard, we hurt the ones we love the most??? At some point your kids will hurt you too. Sorry, hope your day gets better!

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have found myself doing this before, and it does hurt. But no kid LIKES to be yelled at. Just as long as you explain to them that it was not good what they were doing, but Mommy also shouldn't have yelled. Chances are, he has already forgotten... don't be too hard on yourself!!
    Ashley K.

Answer by Ashley K. at 1:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You are only Human Momma! Just tell him you are Sorry & you didn't mean to yell at him- he probably already forgot about it! No Comparison here but, i was having a really Bad Morning yesterday & when i took my baby- Thumbelina(my dog:) outside i told her to hurry up- well, she didn't & i went completely Off the Deep End- Yelling at her! i hardly Ever do that & you have no idea how Bad i felt! She hid under the bed for a hour- i know....... she's a dog but, she is my baby!LOL Hope your day gets better:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You're not a bad mom. Everyone reacts out of anger sometimes... maybe this would be a good opportunity to shows your kids the power of saying "I'm sorry" :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We all have days like that. Apologize to them and explain that even mama's and daddy's have their grouchy moments sometimes.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You're not a bad mother! You're having a bad day, it's ok to explain that to your son. I've raised my voice to my children before, and I felt terrible. I apologized later, and told them it was inappropriate of me, and just like when they throw fits, sometimes I make mistakes too. Children are very forgiving, and you can also teach them that everyone has bad moments, it happens, and that when someone does something to hurt another person, they should step up, admit they were wrong and apologize.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010