I think im only about a month along- is it okay to travel by plane and is it ok to go horseback riding?

I made plans before i found out to fly out to ohio.... is it okay to travel by plane? and do you think its still okay to go horseback riding? it wont hurt anything right?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 2:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can travel by plane until you're about 36 weeks along, no worries.

I'm not too sure about horseback riding though. I'm sure some people would say that if you were heavily into it before getting pregnant you could still do it now...but I dunno, I wouldn't just to be safe.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• As long as you are not a high risk pregnancy everything should be fine>.
    Anonymous

• The plane ride is fine but the horse back just as lone as the horse is not going face he is walking at a slow pace
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 2:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• The plane is fine! Horseback riding.... I wouldn't. Maybe only at a slow pace and hope the horse doesn't go crazy and knock you off. ;o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• plane is fine. my mom is a horse trainer and she rode with both my sister and I. If you did it regularly before you were preggo and you are not a novice and you are not considered a high risk preg I say go for it. However there is no reason why you can't call your doctor and ask their oppinion that is what they are there for.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• karen, you're gonna be a high risk pregnancy. .so i wouldnt go horseback riding.. plane ride should be fine though.. but with the miscarriage and d&c i dont think the doc will let you do the horseback riding
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I've been horseback riding since I was 5 and training/breaking them since I was 14.... When I found out I was preggers I quit training horses, but my DR said I could continue riding horses I felt were safe and gentle until I feel uncomfortable/unbalanced or until the day I deliver... I miss riding my favorite horse cause he has rodeo background and likes to play buck with me, but my other horse is so sweet and gentle so I ride her now! I'd DIE if I had to give up riding for 9 months...
    But if you haven't ridden alot before then don't start now. If anything happens and you don't know exactly how to balance yourself you can fall and hurt your baby....
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 12:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009