when you first start bc pills will they make you bleed more or lighten your period?

I started my cycle today and my doctor told me to start the pack the sunday following when i start..so i'm wondering if the pills are likely to make me continue bleeding heavier or lighten me up some? I'm sure it may be different for everyone, but if you could please share your experience with them. its been years since i've taken them and i cannot remember

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• it's different for everyone. for me personally bc lightened my period. i'm not on pills though, i'm on nuvaring, but it shouldn't get any heavier. if anything it'll stay the same or get lighter
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Usually birth control pills will lighten your period you may have a period for 2 to 3 days. If you bleed more you should consult your docter
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010