Is it normal for me to feel uncomfortable during sex? adult content

This is my first pregnancy and me and my significant other have tried having sex but I feel like I have to make myself be in the mood and before I got pregnant I didn't feel that way. He doesn't pressure me into having sex with him or anything. I just feel bad because I can't satify him like I use and I don't want him to start looking some where else for it.

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 1:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I get the same way! this is my first pregnancy an everything you wrote is how my ssignif and i feel.
    so it must be normal.

its all about your hormones, there all out of wack.
    michellezk210

Answer by michellezk210 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was that way with my second pregnancy and still have issues. He shouldn't leave just due to this time, the joy of a pregnancy and the changing body should keep him.....if he is going to stray now just for better sex, there are other problems. But don't feel bad, your hormones are going to be all over the charts for the next year or so. Wait till the baby comes, things don't instantly get better. You will eventually even out. Just enjoy pregnancy, and if he isn't pressuring you, and you have talked to him about how you feel, I am sure he will be supportive and understanding.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's perfectly normal to have little or no sex drive during pregnancy. It's also perfectly normal to be horny as hell from all the hormones. Do what works for you and your relationship.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had that problem in my first trimester, so we just didn't have sex. My second and third trimesters, I was like a dog in heat, I couldn't get enough sex!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm just like SarahLeeMorgan. The first trimester was hard, but then I hit 2nd trimester and I couldn't get enough of my husband! Now late in my 3rd I'm finding it a little harder to find positions that work and I get a little dry, but I'm still in the mood.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you ladies. No he isn't the type to just up and leave because we're not having sex. I just didn't want it to put a strain or something on our relationship. He is very excited about our little bundle and very involved with everything pertaining to the pregnancy. I was just curious if it was normal to feel this way because everyone says that me and him would never leave the bedroom because of my hormones but I'm the total opposite and don't want to be touch or even looked at in that way. Some days I just feel fat and ugly. But I guess it is normal because we do go through a bunch or hormonal changes.
    new_mommie_2b

Comment by new_mommie_2b (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's normal for your sex drive to go up or down. Pregnancy changes hormones, your body type (including the way you see yourself) and so it's only natural that you would feel more or less "in the mood" than normal.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010