prego weight question.

my doctor said i gained to much to fast and its easy to gain weight while your prego, but its hard to get rid of it after birth. DUH. but, my question is, is it easy to lose weight while your prego? he wants me to take it down a notch, not to much weight, but atleast 5 lbs. before my next appt. in a month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 7 pounds in 3 1/2 months?! DANG! i would think that would be fine. I didn't gain weight in the first few months I think I gained 10 pounds in 5 months and the doctors were having a fit telling me to gain weight the entire time. Cause at 3 months I got stuck at the 10 mark. i would just eat healthy and walk.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yes, it's hard to lose it after you have a baby. I found it harder than ever before.
    Anonymous

• eat healthy.

exercise like walking or water aerobics are great.

and remember- you do not have to eat twice as much (or more) food just because you are pregnant. eat normally and take your vitamins. calories should be increased by 500 per day on average for a normal pregnancy. A lot of women think they should eat twice as much just because they are pregnant. This is incorrect.
    Anonymous

• Make sure you eat healthy foods, do pregnancy yoga and swim.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard a dr. say i needed to loose weight while prego. and i gained 60lbs with my daughter. But this pregnancy i have lost like 15lbs.
    Anonymous

• yeah i gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks and my doctor said its tooooo much weight..overall in the course of 3 1/2 months ive gained 7 pounds..is that even normal? lol

i think it sounds about right
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I think 7 lbs is normal!! I think your doc's just being annoying... A healthy pregnancy usually you gain 25 to 35 lbs, if you are overweight then try for 15 or 20. Sheesh... relax!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008