Baby Shampoo

my girlfriends mom said that im doin damage to my kids hair cause i still use baby shampoo in their hair..my kids 15,13,5,2 all suffer from alopecia so i have to wash their hair 3x a week..so i use baby shampoo 3x a week..she said that baby shampoo dries out the scalp..

am i doin more damage than good using baby shampoo in their hair?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• That seems ridiculous to me. Baby shampoo is more mild than regular shampoo. Sounds like you are doing the right thing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't say it's the baby shampoo. If your kids are black, I would say it's the 3x's a week washing that it the issue, they may need less. And alopecia is not usually caused by those kinds of issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was once told by a hair stylist that baby shampoos are designed to not burn the eyes, but can be very damaging to hair and scalp.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• are you washing wigs with it, because alopecia = hair loss...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Alopecia can be from MANY different things. Caustic chemicals like straighteners, too tight ponytails/braids, iron deficiency, fugal infection, hereditary disorder...Alopecia Areata can be from an auto immune disorder. But, not always.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Alopecia is an immune system disorder.
    Anonymous

• Anon.. No, No it isn't.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ok i dont know the actual cause of it..i assume it heriditary..cause i have it..i started goin bald from it by time i was 17..an i didnt chose to wash it 3x a week the doc advice..my 2yr is losing hair constantly in different areas..she said there is no known reason or cure but that i just need to wash it every other day which is 3x a week..
    but i dont understand how baby shampoo is damaging..to their scalp..my kids
    an what does my race have anything to do with alopecia or the fact that that i wash their hair 3x a week?
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010