Replies to the "I had an abortion" question got me thinking adult content

I had 2 abortion before I had my son. I don't regret them. For some reason, everyone assumed I would, myself included. But I don't. I still feel sad that I was in the position where abortion was an option for me, but I do not regret them. Am I the only one, or are there any other moms out there who are brave enough to stand up? (I know I'll get bashed, but please, if thats all you want to do and say, move on to the next question. Obviously it is your right to answer, but be mature.)

akyoungmommy

Asked by akyoungmommy at 2:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Had an abortion at 16 do not regret it for one minute!!!!!! I WILL be bashed for this but it was the best choice I have made in my life! I would probably be dead right now if I hadn't!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Honestly if you felt it was right for you its your body For Me I never could I had a miscarriage and wish it hadnt happened so i didnt have a choice... :( But I have 2 girls and it never crossed my mind and I was never put into a position where I thought I had to...I have a great husband and family everyone is different...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Unless the Hyde Amendment applied to you~IMO~ your own body, your own choice, your own responsibility, your own funding... To each their OWN....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm posting anon because I don't want it all over the internet that I had an abortion. But I did have one. I do not regret what I felt was the best thing for me to do at the time.The situation I was in, the person that I was impregnated by, it was by far my best choice.I do wonder from time to time what if I hadnt. I do think about it every year around the time it would have been born.I think the first year was the hardest for me.After that, I felt kinda guilty for not regretting it.I even tried to make myself be sad about it, it seemed to be the right thing to do.But I just don't regret it. That child would have had a life of hell if I brought it into this world at that time. It was a choice I had to make. I'm not proud of the situation I was in, but I learned from it and moved on.
    Anonymous

• i've done things that in some people eyes are very shameful..(not abortion)..but i do not regret really doing them. It got me threw what i needed done. It was my choice, i survived, nobody got hurt, and i'm here today and have learned from my experience
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• – collapse
    I had an abortion when i was 16 and 24 and 27 i just wasn't in the position to become a parent nor was i ready. My DD was born right after i turned 30 and i thank myself everyday that at that point in my life i made the right decision for myself.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• It was your body your choice I cant say much beyond that you learned you moved on...everyone makes choices that are right for them :)GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• IF U DON'T WANT KIDS,KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Regret isn't an applied standard for something that can't be taken back, as in the moment of decision. We all live in a flawed world, if it weren't for freedom of choice and our own conscience that would be a robotic life we'd be alive to.
    Being alive is a gift. If we have more support on our choices of keeping a baby than the opposite and if men weren't for their own selfish desires, and if the pages were written so we'd see the writing on the wall before our decisions maybe then we all think differently. So looking back at our choices, and selfish mistakes that got us into things in the first place, were we thinking for ourselves, or was it only to please the man we were with. We aren't robots, and men a lot of times make us feel as though we need to be robotic, or at least not have any life at all, which in turn topples us into making on spot senseless choices, we'd make fine without that man ruining our outlook.
    Anonymous

• *comment I made above to anon*
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010