• In the Spotlight:

A question about answers

When you ask a question here are you looking for a prepackaged answer and link, or other mom's personal opinions and experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I think that this should be more based on your own opinion and some links can help but you know people are capable of looking them up yourself. the only reason why people use links is because they are truly probably trying to win votes just sayn. This shouldnt be much of a game in that respect. Because these are real people looking for real answers.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I'm looking for personal experience. I guess the links are fine but they are cold. I guess it depends on what kind of info you're looking for. If I wanted a cookie cutter answer from a book or website I could get that myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My answeres get picks as best answer alot and as Im sure you know I give links to most of my answers. That kinda answers your question dosn't it?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• personal experience, I'm tired of the copy and paste answers, I can look them up myself
    dansebsil

Answer by dansebsil at 11:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I also look for personal experiences. I am very capable of looking things up on my own.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I give personal answers. If I wanted links I could google it myself. In one case I asked a question cause I couldn't find the answer on google...someone else googled it and it still didn't tell me what I wanted to know.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 2:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• If someone takes the time to think up a question and ask it of a group it is fair to assume that the person asking wants thought provoked feedback from those who have had similar experiences or at least training/knowledge of the subject matter. It's obvious the person knows how to use a computer or she wouldn't be here; therefore, that person would know how to do an impersonal online search and get the unpersonable txt from any website. If I asked a question I would want someone to care enough about my question to reply in good faith not steal someone else's Best Answer from another site and pass them off as my own. That's plaigerism and stealing and just wrong. Of course Best Answers on one site will win Best Answers on another. It's a shame they were thought up by someone else. I'd want credit for my own contributions.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2008