I got my flu shot.

I got it and I feel much better now. I actually had the real thing one time and it was scarier than any bug I have ever had. I never want another illness that makes me so sick and weak with such an extreme fever that I hallucinate. My son will have his given at school.

Has anyone else had theirs yet if they are going to ask for one? BTW, please don't start in on the "Jenny McCarthy (or however you spell her name) said it can cause autism." That has constantly been argued down by scientists, and I wish all those vaccines had been available when I was a kid, since I am sure my parents would have been more than happy to get them for me, so I would not have had to catch horrible childhood illnesses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• No and I don't plan on it. People would get sick less if they just took care of themselves better.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I got mine for my son's sake. I had the flu a long time ago and it's the worst ever!!!!! I would go through child birth any day compared to that!!! lol

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 2:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope. I think it's an unnecessary vaccine, imo. My husband got it one year and actually got sick and worse off of it than without it.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope. Not getting one. It is a vaccine that is totally unnecessary. I have had them in the past and been more ill than I have in the last 5 years w/o one.
    Anonymous

• I haven't gotten one yet. It's available at work in 2 weeks, so I have to decide before then if I want to get one.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• has nothing to do with jenny, has nothing to do with autism, but no one in this family will ever get the flu shot. it is untested evil.
    Anonymous